MK Family Law provides international family law expert services.
Why should you include MK Family Law in your international family law case?
- The law is complex.
- Your lawyer is the expert on family law in your local courts. We help them examine how your case fits into a more complex network of international and foreign laws and other country’s courts.
- We have extensive networks to examine issues from all angles.
- We have the right resources to research issues thoroughly and we stay on top of legal trends in international family law.
- Save money.
- By having MK Family Law work on your case, the complex international issues will be addressed more quickly and at less cost. We help you position your case from the beginning, so you are not spending money later on trying to change courts, revisit court orders, or renegotiate agreements. We work alongside your local family lawyer in a team approach that is tailored to your case.
What does a case look like if you hire MK Family Law?
- We will work with your lawyer to conduct an initial case assessment. We help you situate yourself in the right court to address your issues. We help pinpoint the complex issues you will need to tackle in your case.
- We help your lawyer create a strategy for your case and help you determine, early on, who else you will need on your team to achieve the best and most comprehensive outcome.
- We exercise our extensive network to help your lawyer build the best team for your case.
- We help with other necessary aspects of your case, such as serving process overseas, authenticating foreign documents for use at trial, and gathering evidence overseas.
- We help throughout the case with drafting and research, and help equip your lawyer with the best arguments and information to present these complex legal issues to your court.
- We help your lawyer develop options, paths to settlement, and, if the case won’t settle, best present your case at trial in the clearest and sharpest way for your judge.
- We help tie up the case at the end. Rarely are international cases done with a final court order. There will inevitably be issues related to recognition and enforcement, future modification, and jurisdiction.
- We help your lawyer with research, drafting, and mooting if your case goes to appeal.